National Mango Day
Here are some fun facts I robbed from some random Mango website!!!
- Mangos are one of the most popular fruit in the World
- Mangos were first grown in India over 5,000 years ago
- Mango seeds traveled with humans from Asia to the Middle East, East Africa and South America beginning around 300 or 400 A.D.
- The paisley pattern, developed in India, is based on the shape of a mango
- A basket of mangos is considered a gesture of friendship in India
- Legend says that Buddha meditated under the cool shade of a mango tree
- Mangos are related to cashews and pistachios
- A mango tree can grow as tall as 100 feet
- The bark, leaves, skin and pit of the mango have been used in folk remedies for centuries
Also, you should know they provide 100% of your daily vitamin C, 35% of your daily vitamin A and 12% of your daily fibre!!!
I also robbed this info from the same website !!
I celebrated by buying one, cutting it up and eating it!